LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Navigation Operations Engineer
to be part of our Service Team to support our customer ESA/ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at ESA/ESOC, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Navigation Operations Engineers to support the area of Precise Orbit Determination (POD).
Typical activities shall cover the following tasks:
The main activities of the Navigation Operations Services we are currently providing to ESOC consist on processing data from a combination of a number of GNSS receiver networks, including the ESA network plus optionally sub-networks providing data by contractual agreement and publicly available data (CDDIS). The data are processed in batch mode or in real-time, in the ESOC’s Navigation Facility. Service products typically include orbit products (restitution and prediction) and high-rate clock solutions both for the ground and satellite clocks. Beside (near-) real time products enhanced-accuracy off-line or final products may be delivered, as well as additional or auxiliary products (station coordinates, geophysical data –e.g. Earth Rotation Parameters – ERPs, satellite properties, etc.).
For the POD engineering support and consultancy, our Service Team members shall have:
• Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
• A very good knowledge in GNSS, SLR and DORIS tracking systems and data processing.
• A very good knowledge in POD algorithms and software development.
• A very good knowledge in modelling of satellite dynamics and signal propagation effects
• Proficient in Unix and/or Linux, shell scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C and/or C++.
University degree (or equivalent), in Aerospace Engineering or any other related area.
Our Service Team members shall have:
• A very good knowledge of system operations (automated and manual),
• A very good knowledge of procedures (development, implementation and application),
• Very good knowledge of UTC, time synchronisation and related operations
• A good knowledge in GNSS (systems and data processing)
• Knowledge or interest in algorithm and SW development
• A good expertise of Oracle(SUN)/Solaris and PC/Linux, network services and protocols, and computer peripherals proficient in Unix and/or Linux, shell scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C and/or C++
Our Service Team members cover several areas like:
• Navigation Operations Engineering services
• Navigation Experimental Operations
• Galileo Performance Analysis
• Galileo Constellation Analysis
• EGNOS Performance Analysis
• Navigation System Definition service
• Navigation Algorithms service
• POD engineering support and consultancy
• GNSS station engineering
• Range Integrity Monitoring Stations (RIMS) deployment
• Maintenance and upgrade of SW
• Ionospheric modelling
The following skills would be highly desirable:
Knowledge on the other areas like Navigation Operations, Navigation Experimental Operations, Galileo and EGNOS Performance Analysis are a very valuable asset.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then please apply online as soon as possible.
www.lsespace.com –> online application