Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Procurement and Legal
About this job
IMPORTANT NOTE: The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 06/04/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The Agency is looking for a Financial Officer to join our dynamic EU Agency. The jobholder will be responsible for processing financial transactions, financial reporting and managing internal and external audits, including the functional coordination of the one of the budgetary areas. For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, follow the link: https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Functional coordination of one of the main areas of financial reporting and transactions, including the monitoring and control of input from other staff members;
- Developing and maintaining the appropriate financial databases;
- Producing and distributing the required financial reports, maintaining proper archives and records;
- Processing financial transactions including the implementation of commitments, payments and recovery of amounts;
- Managing internal and external audits including liaison with relevant counterparts in other EU bodies and preparing the necessary input for such audits, together with the implementation of relevant findings and observations;
- Managing the elaboration of procedures, reports and tools for improving financial management processes;
- Assisting and coaching GSA staff on financial procedures;
- Performing financial viability checks for external parties bidding in the Agency’s procurement and grant procedures;
- Acting as Financial Verifying Agent and backing up other Financial Officers;
- Other activities as required by the Head of the Finance Department.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
Temporary agents (2f) from EU agencies, in grade AD6 or AD7, are also invited to apply in accordance with the following GSA rules: https://www.gsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/conditions_of_employment_of_temporary_staff_ta.pdf
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- Very good experience relevant to the tasks described, in particular financial reporting, handling financial transactions and/or financial audit
- Ability to analyse and summarize in a concise manner financial information
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Very good knowledge (by training or experience) of the EU Financial Regulation
- Experience in the use of the EU financial management tools ABAC and Compass
- Experience in the processing or implementation of EU grants
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of responsibility, accountability and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver accurate work under pressure and tight deadlines, organise workload and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work with others (within the team and with internal and external stakeholders)