Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
*This is a 2nd shift position working Monday through Friday from 3pm – 11:30pm.*
- Inspection Technician I Requirements Satisfied
- Inspection of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished product according to defined criteria, including First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Inspection of components and assemblies according to defined criteria and customer drawings/specifications and models, including First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Perform part verification using precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Effectively communicate via email and other electronic documents.
- Support continuous improvement (CI) activities.
- Recommend revisions to standard work for the quality function, as needed.
- Generates non-conforming material reports and effectively communicates these both verbally and in written form.
- Mentor and Train inspectors on Inspection Technician job responsibilities.
- Complies with company safety, environmental and continuous improvement policies.
- Maintains all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors critical equipment, tooling and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
- Reviews records/documentation for compliance to established procedures/Good Documentation Practices.
- Communicates assembly procedures accurately to production, quality and engineering team members.
- Participates in the development of inspection procedures, protocol and checklists, as needed.
- Works with all departments to improve quality of products and assist in translation of results.
- Accurately documents results of inspections and testing per program criteria.
- Supports the packaging and delivery preparation shipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the vision and mission for the Company and the strategies and processes to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and management.
- Supports the Company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment by adhering to Company policy and various government regulations.
- Completes all Key Job Requirements and other tasks related to this position as assigned.
- Complies with GKN Code of Ethics, and customer and government requirements.
- Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality inspection.
- 1 year of experience in quality control.
- Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with EAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Basic arithmetic (using decimals, etc.) to understand tolerance.
- Experience with measuring instruments (scales, micrometers, callipers, etc.)
- Familiarity with AS9102 processes and performing First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Familiarity with Problem Solving techniques, Lean Manufacturing, and CI.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, manufacturing sketches and customer specifications.
- Interpreting manufacturing processes and operations.
- Presenting and delivering information effectively.
- Reading and following detailed work instructions.
- Making independent judgments and decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.