Field(s) of expertise
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Liaison/MRB Engineer II will provide direct support of the manufacturing process with technical responsibility for tooling, part fabrication, assembly and delivery. Provide “state of the art” processing technology as it applies to both materials and techniques for tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
- May provide leadership to less experienced Production Engineers and support personnel relative to the accountabilities listed below.
- Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring parts and assemblies, or tools are consistent with company and customer supplied quality assurance standards.
- Responsible for the design and/or transition of tools from design to production in order to verify tooling functionality and suitability, tool coordination, production part quality and tool delivery schedule.
- Responsible for disposition, preparation of work instructions, and follow up on nonconforming materials, detail parts or assemblies. May write N/C programs.
- Engineering member of Material Review Board.
- Monitors parts and or tools with past discrepancies through root cause analysis and corrective action implementation to ensure past problems do not resurface.
- Continuously improves processes via work instructions, statistical process control (SPC), engineering process changes and tooling design orders.
- Identifies and implements Lean initiatives to improve production processes and flow.
- Tracks and resolves issues pertaining to vendor schedule and or quality requirements.
- Maintains positive, teaming relationship with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program; required course work in lieu of ABET accreditation will be considered.
- 1 year of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Requires a thorough knowledge of multiple engineering applications and manufacturing procedures.
- Has knowledge of relevant technology and is able to operate unassisted on routine tasks.
- Recommendation from engineering management to be on a Material Review Board and/or a minimum of 1 year of experience on a Material Review Board.
- Must possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal.