Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants, and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
Primary Job Purpose
The successful candidate will carry out assembling and testing activity of Roke products (electronically and mechanically), ensuring that product performance and safety standards are met, as well as, carrying out Functional and Final Testing on company products, ensuring product performance and safety standards are met.
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke’s sites in Romsey, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with one of our prestigious customers.
Health, Safety and Environment
Your Health and Safety responsibilities are to:
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Act in accordance with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out any work in accordance with any training, using any equipment in a safe and appropriate manner, informing your Line Manager of any health and safety problems and immediately stopping any unsafe activity until adequate measure have been taken to remove the risk or reduce it to as low as possible
- Report any potential hazards or impacts to the environment and adhere to the HS&E procedures and in addition warn others if they identify potential hazards, either physical or behavioural
All employees are responsible for ensuring that they conduct their activities and those activities over which they have control, in accordance with Roke’s health, safety and environmental policies and relevant statutory provisions. They must co-operate with their line manager so that health, safety and environmental responsibilities can be discharged.
- Responsible for ensuring that all products are tested and recorded in accordance with latest ATP and Test Instructions, before being cleared for despatch.
- Recording and collating test data, so that future analysis can be carried out.
- Cooperate in raising/improving appropriate internal documents including but not limited to Concessions, Test Reports and Work Instructions.
- Fault find and repair non-conforming products.
- Work with the Manufacturing Lead on overall site and process improvements and assist in promoting improvements to both the products and systems with consideration given to environmental factors.
- (When required) Train other employees or agency staff to accurately and confidently carry out assembly processes, in accordance with latest documentation.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent, one of which should be in a Maths or Science-based subject
- Computer Literate
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Basic understanding of electronic principles
- Previous work experience within electromechanical assembly
- Experience in troubleshooting issues on non-confirming product
- A working knowledge of RF testing would be advantageous
Personal Attributes, Values and Competencies
- A keen attention to detail
- A drive to improve product, process and efficiency
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.