Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
“Peace on earth and goodwill toward men everywhere…” Satellite communications have come a long way since the SCORE broadcast in 1958 and we are looking for you to come and help us push them even further forward.
Sapienza Consulting, a TP Group company, has a long heritage within the space sector of over 25 years, providing leading workforce solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing SatComs business, giving you the opportunity to develop and progress within the company.
Reporting directly into the Head of Defence, you will be a valued member of the team, support with Bids, client and stakeholder engagement as well as providing the benefit of your technical expertise.
This is your opportunity to join one of the UK’s most respected international Satcoms consultancies, working on contracts from across the sector including GEO, MEO, and LEO satellites.
You will have a strong understanding of SatComs Systems Engineering, having worked in the sector for over 10 years, with a strong understanding of link budgets, establishing statements of requirements, and overseeing Satellite communications projects you will engage with our team supporting System Design, Systems analysis, implementation and testing with commercial and military environments.
Working remotely, you will be required to visit clients and attend meetings on the client site when necessary. Ideally, the candidate will be based in the South of England.
Active SC clearance is preferred, however, candidates with the ability to pass clearance requirements will be considered.
- Analyse customer requirements that involved complex technical aspects and trade-off studies.
- Design, develop and prepare system designs for complex mobile and fixed Satcom networks (GEO and non-GEO/LEO/CubeSats constellations) and their associated test environments.
- Ground segment engineering/terminal design, development and test.
- Perform Link Budgets and Capacity modeling.
- Lead meetings involving sub-contractors and/or customers.
- Review and provide commentary on existing customer analysis and documents.
- Delivering key work packages as part of a larger team.
- Identifying and troubleshooting system communication paths and capacity performance, as well as conducting post-test data analysis and reporting.
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject; equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- At least ten years’ experience ideally gained via a global Satcom network provider.
- Thorough understanding of satellite communications systems and associated engineering concepts; strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development and on to VV&T.
- Experience and knowledge of IP network design, protocols, and security of data; experience of troubleshooting of network, RF signal connection, and protocol problems, including identifying and solving problems and issues.
- Satellite Link Budgets and System Capacity Modelling.
- Experience in producing feasibility and trade-off studies.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify key issues and to solve day-to-day challenges and issues, and to report upon and present Key Performance Indicator and Service Level Agreement information.
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team; self-motivated and enthusiastic even when under pressure.
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with the ability to produce and present clear, concise, and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients.