Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a JChat Software Developer to join NATO – NCIA in Belgium (Remote).
Under the direction / guidance of the NCIA Point of Contact or delegated staff, the software developer will develop and update JChat software modules. This includes the following activities:
- Develop / update Java software modules
- Develop / conduct unit and automated testing of software components
- Attend virtual and in-person meetings
- The contractor will be part of a team and will work using an Agile and iterative approach during multiple sprints
- Each sprint is planned for a duration of 1 week
- The content and scope of each sprint will be agreed during the sprint-planning meeting
- The candidate has relevant and recent experience in software development using Java, including Java Swing
- The candidate is well able to produce efficient, clear, readable, maintainable and high quality code
- The candidate has relevant and recent development experience with chat related technologies, including but not limited to XMPP, XEPs,, M-LINK Server, Openfire Server and the Openfire plugin framework
- The candidate has relevant and recent experience in continuous software integration and automated testing, including knowledge of test automation frameworks
- The candidate has relevant and recent experience in using development tools (e.g. Maven, Jira, GitLab, Zephyr) and the Scrum methodology
- The candidate is able to speak and write fluent English since the work is conducted in English
- The candidate must have the nationality of one of the NATO nations
If you are interested in applying, then please click apply and one of the recruitment teams will be in touch.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.