Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza Consulting – a Serco company, is recruiting a Principal Technician (Database and Training Systems), to work on the AAS Project at NATO-NCIA, with work location in Oeiras, Lisbon, Portugal.
Duties & Role:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head Service Applications Section, the incumbent will perform such duties as follows:
- Installs, operates and maintains assigned Functional Systems software, Databases and other Implements procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of all database’s applications and provides reports as required.
- Takes initiative to investigate and resolve technical issues in a systematic approach.
- Maintains sound knowledge on implemented technologies.
- Responsible for the delivery of Functional Services and Database Management services to meet customer requirements in the AOR.
- Performs specialized application systems administration and maintains, controls and monitoring all database systems, data storage and supported tools.
- Installs, operates and performs maintenance on the existing databases for all ICT related programs, projects and activities of the Academy.
- For non-standardized legacy applications and infrastructure, provides redundant configuration, maintenance, and administration services while working within CSU Lisbon established guidelines for security, robustness, and operational sustainability.
- Participates site audits in order to assess CSU Lisbon level of Quality Management and Conformity.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance.
- Background in CIS support and/or maintenance with a good understanding of CIS systems and associated non-CIS equipment.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and/or civilian.
- Sound experience in NATO CIS systems and Services.
- Industry recognized certifications in databases administration.
- Sound experience on Virtualization Platforms such as VMware (ESXi/vSphere) Administrator (Member servers’ deployment in virtual and physical environment; roles and applications configuration).
Candidates must be eligible to work at NATO-NCIA.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement at https://www.sapienzaconsulting.com/privacy-policy/