Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a NATO Secret cleared Voice Engineer, to work on the AAS Project at NATO-NCIA, with work location in Mons, Wallonia, Belgium.
Duties & Role:
- Direct 1st level fault resolution of deployable and transportable Voice Elements with operational, exercise, and garrison locations in coordination with the Service Area Voice cell.
- Prepare deployable network assets in accordance with the exercise plan.
- Baseline deployable network assets at the end of an exercise in accordance with the standard configuration set.
- Update baseline configurations as directed.
- Advises on fault diagnosis throughout the deployable network environment utilizing a number of management platforms (e.g.HP Network Automation,Netscout, lntermapper, Splunk, CA Spectrum)
- Ensure that on Voice elements, routine maintenance is performed
- Coordinate with detachments to implement Voice elements standardisation and best practices liaise and collaborate internally throughout the NCI Agency Service Line infrastructures and to external organisations for fault rectification activities as required
- Responsible for the maintenance and creation of Standard Operating Procedures within the Deployable CIS area of the Voice Cell
- Performing operation and maintenance activities for current NATO operations (e.g. KFOR, OAE, and RS)
- Coordinates and performs voice infrastructures configuration, numbering plans and maintenance activities for all NATO exercise scenarios
- Operate provided management tools and capabilities
- lnvestigate and propose long term solutions to encountered equipment and configuration problems.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance.
- A diploma from a vocational school in a communications related subject, or an equivalent level of work experience in the field of telecommunications.
- Over 2 years’ experience of CISCO Routing, Switching and Voice Elements
- A minimum of 1 year experience with the configuration and operation of HP Network Automation or equivalent network automation and orchestration systems
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with the configuration and operation of Network Monitoring and Event Management systems ideally lntermapper, Spectrum,HP Openview and Splunk
- Over 4 years ‘ experience of working in a centrally managed network environment
- Minimum qualification of Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice)
- Proven experience in the configuration and operation of VoIP systems
- Proven experience with CISCO based VoIP solutions (CUCM 9.1 or higher, CME, CUBE)
- Proven experience in the configuration of Session Border Controllers
- A high level of knowledge of network, system and application leveltroubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of communications protocols and practical experience of using diagnostic test equipment
- Working Knowledge of SIP, H.323 signaling protocols
- Working Knowledge of virtual environments (VMWare, ESXi, vSphere, vCenter)
- Knowledge of implementing and operating LAN technologies (e.g. HSRP, STP, Switching, VLANs, DHCP snooping, ARP Inspection, Port-Security)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience with commercial IPSEC encryption solutions such as Secure Virtual Tunnels (sVTI), SSLVPN, DMVPN, GETVPN)
- Shall have general understanding of related telecommunications systems and techniques of, Radio, SATCOM, MPLS, Video, TOM Voice
- Ability to navigate, influence and negotiate with all levels of the organization, business partners, customers and users;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be concise in both written and verbal communications.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
Candidates must be eligible to work at NATO-NCIA.