Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do
Based at our Melksham manufacturing facility in Wiltshire to support our rugged server and storage system business and future product development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the technical and design team to introduce all new and existing products.
- Creating timelines for both current and NPI products, and help in identifying product / systems solutions.
- Creating test plans to meet compliance for components and systems to meet customer requirements.
- Help manage new product development, prototype designs and builds.
- Managing and execution of internal and external environmental and EMItesting of products to military standards.
- Investigation and resolution of product problems in support of the technical team as required.
- Technical support to the sales team for bids and proposals including compliance to customer specifications.
- Oversee the production of product manuals and documentation.
- Provide technical assistance to production on build techniques.
- Evaluation of new components.
- Occasional design of electronic circuits for monitoring / power / control applications for use in Westek products.
- HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Strong technical background.
- Able to design (simple) electronics with discrete components.
- Experience in IT hardware related product development.
- Wide in depth knowledge of computer and networking equipment and hardware components.
- Knowledge of CE, MIL or DEF STAN EMI and environmental standards an advantage.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative.
- Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Able to negotiate and influence others.
- Decision-making / problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of working on related projects.
- Practical competence in mechanical and / or electronic system assembly.
- Knowledge of BS drawing practices.
- Experience of working within a Defence or Aviation environment.
- Previous experience of an ERP system.
- Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system.
- Experience within a lean manufacturing environment.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.