Infostellar’s Senior Software Engineers are a crucial part of our competitive niche. Challenged with developing a software platform aiming to revolutionise the ground-services segment of the Space industry, the role brings together unique challenges and the inherent excitement of working in the space industry.
Here at Infostellar, our software engineers are tasked with:
1. Developing a ground station-sharing platform which virtualizes ground station networks
by connecting different types of ground stations all over the world.
2. Creating fast and scalable backend systems on a global infrastructure to serve users all
over the world
3. Building an intuitive and flexible ground station service management console UI (pass
scheduling, SLA monitoring, billing dashboard)
4. Minimizing the user’s efforts to integrate with the platform to accelerate the network
5. Ensuring the platform is secure and reliable by developing technical solutions and new
tools to help mitigate security and reliability vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
We expect senior software engineers to be able to define, build, and implement complex systems or components from scratch, and to be the go-to person for expertise on a multi-component system. They need to be self-motivated and professional, have excellent coding standards, and should be comfortable providing technical leadership or mentorship to more junior engineers.
If you’re driven by interesting, challenging problems that require sound software engineering solutions, and have always dreamt of working in the space industry, then do reach out. We’re building something special, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
● Our servers are written using Java (v.13+) built on Armeria and gRPC
● Please have a look at our open source repositories: https://github.com/infostellarinc/
● We do infrastructure management using Terraform and orchestrate our containers using
● All of our services are in Google Cloud
● We use Gradle to automate our builds
● Source code management (SCM) is Git + GitHub
● We usually develop on Linux / Mac OS using IntelliJ or Visual Studio Code
● Our servers all run on Linux.
● The StarPass (edge server placed at the ground station) core components are written in
Java and Golang.
● StarPass uses Docker for running applications.
● Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain complex systems and/or components
● Improve and iterate using the agile process
● Conduct design and code reviews
● Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of products and services
● Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
● Provide technical expertise and leadership on a multi-component system or platform
● Offer technical leadership or mentorship to junior engineers
● Create and update technical documentation
● BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
● Development experience on Unix / Linux
● Software development experience with Java, C/C++, and Go
● Experience with at least one of the major cloud services: AWS/GCP/Azure
● Experience in architecting and developing distributed systems
● Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development,,
distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, edge computing, signal processing,
developing large software systems, and/or security software development
● Self-motivated and professional
● Experience in managing a small team and/or mentoring junior engineers.
● Working proficiency and communication skills in spoken and written English
● Experience with Kubernetes on AWS/GCP/Azure
● Experience working with two or more general purpose programming languages, and
interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
● Experience leading development and operation of large-scale service with dozens of
users or more
● Experience creating an edge computing platform allowing users to run custom, untrusted
software on a shared compute node
● Experience of modern web development with technologies such as Typescript,
React/Vue.js and webpack
● Experience leading development and operation of microservice with gRPC