Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The contractor will be responsible for the management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section including:
- Initiating, monitoring and controlling space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communications under the ARTES Core Competitiveness (CC) and other ARTES programme lines, with a focus on digital communication technologies.
- Liaising with the Procurement Department, the Strategic Programme Line Managers and other relevant Departments of ESA as necessary to fulfil this role.
- Supporting activities of the Ground Segment Section and the creation and implementation of ARTES partnership projects;
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of ARTES activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone completion dates;
- Identifying and defining product and technology needs for future satellite communication services, in particular for digital communication technology and products;
- Supporting the promotion of the ARTES 4.0 programme and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis;
- Coordinating the provision of expert technical support from other ESA organisational units (e.g. TEC) as required to ensure an effective initiation and management of activities.
- Master’s in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Experience in managing technology development activities carried out by industry for commercial satellite communication
- Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes
- Knowledge of satellite communication system architectures, products and market
- Experience in space segment technology and equipment as well as subsystem design and development is required
- Experience in the specification, design, development and testing of at least one of the following: digital signal processors, communication modems, digital and/or mixed signal ASICs, software defined radios, RF equipment, active antennas, optical communication technology
- Experience in the satellite telecommunication industry would be a distinct advantage
- Results Orientation
- Planning and Organisation
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Strong negotiation skills and contract/subcontract management experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than January 23, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.