Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Project and Service Management
About this job
Please submit your application by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the EUSPA e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for a team leader with strong organisational skills for the Local Security Office at the GSMC in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France. In collaboration with the Security team, the jobholder will ensure the overall site access control and protection of European Union Classified Information (EUCI) in line with European and national legislations (France and Spain). In such matters, the job will be based on both transversal responsibility across all GSMC teams and sites, as well as in coordination with the Central Security Office at HQ in Prague. The job holder will be assigned to the GSMC with a functional link with the Central Security Office of the Agency.
The Local Security Office Team Leader will be entrusted mainly with the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage a team of security professionals in local and informatics security, guarding, registry control and communications security (COMSEC);
- Prepare, ensure and maintain the necessary local security measures, needed to protect EUCI and assets present on site, in compliance with the EU, Agency’s and national5 regulations, policies and best practices at the Agency’s sites;
- Manage security incidents (and relevant registers), related to breaches of security and compromise of EUCI, including cooperation with EU security entities as necessary and performance of security audits and follow-up;
- Contribute to the establishment, maintenance and follow-up of security procedures jointly with relevant security authorities regarding the use and access policies of any security related systems (e.g. access control systems, CCTV monitoring systems, badges, etc.);
- Organise and participate to the on-call security stand-by roster;
- Ensure security-related trainings, certification, support and control of all persons at the GSMC sites;
- Contribute to the compliance of the Agency with national and organisational health and safety rules;
- Monitor and manage contracts and procurements and related specifications and budgets in the security domain;
- Ensure closest links with the Central Security Office in Prague (HQ) and participate, on request, in corporate security tasks, supporting the security unified Agency’s approach.
Location: GSMC Master site with regular missions (and possible detachment) to GSMC-backup site and HQ in Prague, Czech Republic, and occasional ones to other locations.
Language: The above tasks and responsibilities will be conducted in English language. The tasks and responsibilities regarding relationships with French authorities (e.g. application of critical infrastructures and other security matters) will be conducted in French language. The tasks and responsibilities regarding relationships with Spanish authorities (e.g. application of critical infrastructures and other security matters) would be conducted in Spanish language.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
Experience in implementing security practices and procedures, handling classified material, dealing with protection of people, assets and information, security investigation, audits or inspections;
Experience in managing a team;
Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
Very good command of both written and spoken French;
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
Experience in handling European Union Classified Information (EUCI) and already holder or recent past holder of a security clearance at SECRET UE/EU SECRET level (or equivalent);
Experience in working for or with authorities in matters of security, e.g. interior or defence ministries, within national or European Union agencies or multi-national organisations;
Procurement and contract management experience;
Good command of written and spoken Spanish;
Excellent communication skills;
Ability to lead a multi-site team and cooperate efficiently with various internal and external stakeholders;
Ability to deliver accurate work in an operational environment, organise workload and prioritise tasks.