Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity:
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
About the opportunity:
It’s boarding time! The Site Lean Deployment Leader is a Lean Thinker with a very high level of expertise in Business Transformation. You will play a central role in developing the site into a Lean enterprise based upon GKN Aerospace’s Lean Operating Model. You will lead, coach and influence your site’s Leadership Team, ensuring rigor and fidelity to the Lean Deployment roadmap.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied across GKNA and that all locations are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment.
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across within their Performance Centre.
- Creating and executing against the Site Lean Deployment plan and ensuring that all resources required are in place, both within their site and from the CoE (e.g. Regional Lean Experts assigned as appropriate).
- Coaching their performance centres’ Leadership team in their deployment of the Lean Excellence Model.
- Ensuring the correct allocation of resources to make the Lean deployment a success, and making problems immediately visible, allowing problem solving to take place.
- Delivering significant improvement in People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting their site’s customer and stakeholder commitments, driven by significant improvements in Lean Maturity.
- Developing deep Lean Expertise across their site, ensuring that they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model, working with the Regional Lean Expert to ensure that all staff are fully certified in Lean Thinking at the appropriate level for their role.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities:
- The company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies
- Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States
- Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect
- contracting with the United States Government
- Export Control regulations
- BSc degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Science discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant business experience
- An understanding of Lean Thinking and Lean Leadership
- The demonstrated ability to influence the site Leadership Team
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor highly skilled and experienced team members
- A track record of Leadership and direction through effective communications, building effective teams
- Evidence of leading Business Transformation Offices
- Second or advanced degree in Business
- Previous and significant experience in Lean Transformation
- A Lean Certification from a reputable certifying body or benchmark company. Preferable Six Sigma or Black belt.
- Aerospace supply chain experience
- A passion for the Aerospace industry
- Travel requirements: 5-10% benchmarking both internally and externally to GKNA
What we offer:
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance, we offer you opportunities to learn and grow, a competitive salary and great secondary benefits.
For more information about this job please contact Arnoud D’have via arnoud.d’firstname.lastname@example.orgWould you like to come aboard? Apply directly with your CV and motivation via the “apply now” button!
Diversity and Inclusion:
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.