Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
We are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
Our recent successes within UK MOD mean that the tpgroup Analysis and Approvals team are looking for consultants who can help grow and deliver the business. We are interested in people who engage customers technically and personally, with the ability to provide analytical insight.
As an Analytical Consultant for tpgroup, you will be providing the evidence to help our customers, from government and industry, to make better decisions. This may be research studies to analyse new concepts and approaches, working in customer teams to provide the evidence to support procurement decisions, or supporting workshops with customers and stakeholders to improve policies and planning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering technical consulting projects.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Developing and using a variety of analytical tools and techniques.
- Writing reports and presenting to customers.
- Working organically in customer teams or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks.
- 18 months+ experience, with some experience of analytical methods or models.
- Experience of report writing and presenting.
- Capable of building customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines: problem structuring, wargaming, historical analysis, simulation, data analysis and visualisation, optimisation, facilitating workshops and/or cost analysis.
- Strong background in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Be willing to travel across UK and comfortable to work away from main sites for periods of time.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience working with UK MOD (DE&S, Dstl or the Frontline Commands), UK Government or consulting within the UK Defence industry.
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (VBA, SQL, R, Python).
- Understanding of the military operational environment and MOD management structures.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.