Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The purpose of the Catapult is to support UK industry by accelerating the growth of satellite applications and to contribute to capturing a 10% share of the global space market predicted by 2030. We focus on three themes across our targeted market areas:
- Energising the Market – We unlock customer demand and open new markets to the space sector.
- Empowering the Technology – We help companies bring their product or service to market.
- Enabling Business – We connect businesses of all sizes with the resources they need to grow.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced online community manager to make their mark on the UK Space sector, by scoping and delivering a new virtual network to drive innovation, collaboration and the delivery of world-leading content across the UK space ecosystem.
The challenges of COVID-19 have dramatically increased online engagement, and the way that individuals interact with businesses and one another is changing fast. At the Satellite Applications Catapult, we work across the space sector to foster innovation and collaboration and the next step in our journey is to facilitate even better interaction between space sector organisations, and the wider industry, by developing an engaged and inspired online community.
Ways of Working: We are a learning organisation where our ways of working are underpinned by coaching and feedback, fostering adult to adult conversations. Innovation is at the heart of everything that we do, therefore being highly adaptive and agile with a GROWTH mindset will ensure your success at the Catapult. We expect our people to be Pioneering, Agile, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial, working at PACE.
This 12-month contract involves three major phases of work, which are yours to develop and shape.
Firstly, you will be gathering requirements from internal and external stakeholders to make recommendations for the best way to deliver the virtual network.
Then you will take on the exciting opportunity of delivering on your recommendations and delivering your network content plans and targets for new user recruitment.
Finally, you will look towards the future to scope and shape how the virtual network evolves and grows over time.
Skills & Experience required:
- Proven experience as a community manager or similar role, including set up of a new online community from scratch
- Digital marketing experience, including the delivery of online content and events
- Experience of planning marketing activity for large and small groups
- Evidence of excellent collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong and clear communication skills with demonstrable and proven results with key decision makers including senior management and executives
- Willingness to work well in a team and across organisations, collaboratively partnering with other business departments
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to independently deal with relevant tools (e.g. excel & other internal tools) to measure performance and determine improvements
- Evidence of being a customer champion, always putting the community first
- Ability to self-organize multiple tasks well and to complete them on time with a clear focus on results
- Experience engaging with clients and end users to capture requirements
- Comfortable presenting content to external parties and internal senior leadership audiences
- Experience of delivery against defined milestones in a project management environment
- Innovation & Creativity
- Continuous Improvement
- Decisive Thinking
- Driven to deliver
- Courage to challenge
- Passion for Innovation
- You will be successful in this role by being able to deliver a new online community from scratch.
- You will have to demonstrate a strong desire for marketing and customers. You will be using a lot of tool for managing performance and your KPI’s.
- You will be collaborative, have excellent writing skills and be able to work autonomously, but also as part of a larger team.