For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced RF/Microwave Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to ESA/ESTEC’s Radio Frequency Equipment & Technology Section in the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management (D/TEC).
Reporting to the Head of Section, your tasks will cover:
• Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments;
• Provide expert technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
• Development of test beds and characterization of RF Equipment/Payloads, such as:
o Time & frequency equipment e.g. clocks, oscillators, control units, frequency converters;
o RF active equipment e.g. high-power amplifier, low noise amplifier, MMICs, Transmit/Receive modules;
o RF passive equipment e.g. filters, switches, ferrite devices;
o RF Payloads for Navigation (GNSS), Telecom, Earth Observation or Science applications;
o Microwave and mm-wave test beds;
o Life- and TVAC test beds.
• Development of software (e.g. LabView) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance;
• Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
• Define technical requirements and Statements of Work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
• Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
• Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work is January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate shall have:
• A Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication engineering;
• At least 4 years relevant professional working experience, with extensive and proven experience in the domain of microwave components, equipment, and/or technologies.
• A good background on the development of RF equipment and technologies for space applications.
• Several years of experience in the field of testing of RF equipment and RF payloads for space applications.
• Some project management skills for the management of R&D contracts would be an asset.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
• Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the following link: https://www.terma.com/careers/apply-to-open-positions/?hr=show-job%2F64462%26locale%3Den_US
Include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter highlighting your background and expertise as well as earliest date of availability.
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Closing date: November 30th 2020
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
• Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
• In line with ESA security requirements, an official Certificate of Good Conduct (or equivalent) and employment reference checks will be required at commencement of employment. Please attach a copy of any reference letters with your application if you have them.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
• Your name, contact details and application status
• Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
• Job preferences and type of employment sought
• Names and contact details for references