ESA is looking for a Process Optimisation Engineer.
You will report to the Head of the Cost Assessment Office. Duties will include:
• conferring with internal and external stakeholders about specifications, industrial capacities and capabilities, and the status of projects and BAU;
• reviewing schedules, manufacturing flows, etc. to understand methods and activities in operations, integration and services;
• understanding the ways industrial systems (operations, procurement, logistics, commercialisation, etc.) interact and how changes in conditions (methods, location, launch rate, etc.) can affect outcomes;
• analysing and diagnosing industrial processes and operations and supply chain efficiency and proposing improvements;
• working to determine best practices in the commercial/New Space environment and implementation methods;
• creating inputs which will be usable in the ESA reporting system, such as in proposals and progress reports;
• assisting in assessing the justification of changes to production/exploitation contracts.
Knowledge of and experience applying process analysis and improvement methods and tools such as DMAIC, statistical process improvement, lean, kaizan, etc.
Knowledge of production and operations and their effect on costs in an industrial setting
Experience/highly developed capability in complex information data mining, analysis and reporting
A Master’s degree or PhD is required, and experience in industrial process optimisation, with experience in production processes, preferably in aeronautics/aerospace/aviation.
You should also have:
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
The closing date for applications is 22 December 2020.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/