Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Please submit your application by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the EUSPA e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for a GNSS Service Engineer who will actively contribute to the fulfilment of the Agency’s duties related to the definition and implementation of the EGNOS and Galileo services, evolving from the current ones up to the Galileo Full Operational Capability, EGNOS V3, and beyond. Service engineering activities may be extended also to the GOVSATCOM Programme. Depending on his/her assignment, the GNSS Service Engineer will be integrated in the respective Department.
The jobholder’s main tasks and responsibilities will in principle include:
- Support the maintenance of EGNOS and Galileo Mission Requirements and associated service roadmaps, and preparation of Open Service (OS), Safety of Life (SoL), EGNOS Data Access Service (EDAS), High Accuracy Service (HAS), Commercial Authentication Service (CAS), Search and Rescue (SAR), Emergency Warning Service (EWS) Service Requirements derived from them;
- Perform service definition activities (including technical assessments, feasibility analyses and related studies and demonstrations) for the services identified above;
- Prepare Service Definition Document (SDD) for the services identified above, documenting the Galileo service commitments towards the users;
- Organise and follow-up the service validation campaign before each service declaration milestone, in order to assess whether the delivered service meets the performance expectations (as defined in the SDD):
- Prepare the corresponding service validation plan;
- Coordinate and supervise the validation activities (collection of credits from system qualification, operational validation and external stakeholders, execution of dedicated validation campaigns, etc.);
- Organise and support the associated reviews (service consolidation review, validation readiness review, validation review);
- Contribute to the evaluation of the Service Performance;
- Elaborate on and plan EGNOS and Galileo standardisation support activities, manage the execution of the associated technical activities;
- Develop the standardisation of the EGNOS and Galileo services within the different user communities and standardisation fora (ICAO, IMO, EUROCAE, RTCA);
- Develop and maintain EGNOS and Galileo user segments standard requirements, design and operating concepts (incl. Minimum Operational Performance Specifications);
- Coordinate the work of contractors in support of the above activities;
- Liaise with external stakeholders (e.g. European Commission, European Space Agency) and within the Agency in relation to the tasks above;
- Support the EGNOS and Galileo teams for any topics related to EGNOS and Galileo services, mission and system evolution (including the Galileo Second Generation), and contribute to any other tasks of the Department, as necessary.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below, solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in exact sciences, such as engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science;
- Proven experience relevant to the tasks described above;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in specification, design or validation of complex space systems and/or operational service (e.g. under a KPI scheme);
- Experience with international standardisation processes and institutions;
- Experience in managing complex projects and/or contractors;
- Experience in the Galileo and/or EGNOS programmes;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Customer service mind-set and ability to work with others;
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.