Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting provides consultancy services to many Space Agencies and Institutions across Europe and currently one of our customers is seeking a Product Assurance Engineer who will be able to support the definition and implementation of PA, QA, RAMS baseline based on the tailoring of the applicable requirements and the related European Cooperation on Space Standardisation (ECSS) standards. This position can be worked out of EUSPA’s Prague HQ or Galileo Control Centre (GCC) in Fucino (Italy).
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of an effective product assurance programme by maintaining and ensuring application of the EUSPA internal processes applicable to the PA/QA, service engineering and service provision discipline;
- Control that the Organisation, Resources, Planning are commensurate to the Service Level Agreement committed by internal and external stakeholders involved in the Service Provision delivery.
- Ensure that the contractor inputs used by the PA disciplines are consistent and complete, and available in line with the project schedule;
- Ensure that the output and deliverables produced by the PA disciplines are consistent, complete, and delivered in line with the project schedule;
- Control contractor’s product assembly and delivery processes;
- Control the quality of EUSPA supplier’s products by:
- Issuing product assurance requirements;
- Ensuring the implementation of the PA requirements.
- Ensure the provision of PA contribution to the verification activities;
- Ensure that the qualification and approval programmes under EUSPA responsibility are defined, approved, maintained and implemented;
- Contribute to the definition of an effective non-conformance control system operating across all sites, and support the documentation, follow-up and closure of anomaly reports and non-conformance reports;
- Ensure that the qualification results are recorded, evaluated and documented;
- Ensure the maintenance and control of:
- Qualification Status Lists;
- Status of PA reviews;
- Audits Status Reports;
- List of Waiver requests;
- Non-conformances (minor and major) List;
- Critical items List.
- Establish and maintain an audit plan for procurement and development activities, designating the lower tier suppliers to be audited, the current status and the schedule for auditing;
- Support the implementation of personnel training and certification related to PA, QA and RAMS;
- Contribute to Configuration Management by ensuring that:
- As designed status is defined and released prior to qualification;
- The as‐built documentation is properly defined, identified and maintained in order to reflect approved modifications;
- items delivered and deployed comply with the as‐built documentation;
- Participate to inspections as required.
- Contribute towards the definition implementation and follow-up of dependability, reliability and availability programme, including maintenance and update of RAMS models;
- Review and assess the results of RAMS analysis (e.g. FMECA, FTA, Common Mode and Common cause);
- Contribute to the definition and follow-up of software product assurance.
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies
- At least six years relevant experience within product assurance
- Previously worked inline with ECSS standards
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Excellent command of the English language.