Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
On behalf of our customer EUMETSAT, we are looking for a Data Processing Operations Engineer. You would be working on-site at EUMETSAT’s site in Darmstadt, with a generous distribution of working hours into the hybrid model.
Services to the EUMETSAT organisation including:
- Data ingestion, processing and product distribution
- Data and Product analysis
- Operational performance monitoring and reporting, including the development, documentation and maintenance of the relevant tools for e.g. production statistics generation and reporting, PDGS monitoring and reporting
- Testing and implementation of new products
- Setting-up, implementation and update of operational procedures and documentation
- Anomaly investigation
- First line maintenance, including on-call support
- Coordination with external organizations and service providers
- Attendance at technical meetings
- Participation to formal reviews
Operations build up:
- Contribute to validation campaigns, including operations validation tests
- Participation in coordinating, planning and executing test campaigns for the ground segment components and operations
- Support to commissioning reviews and test campaigns as part of operations build up and handover to routine service
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in Operations of real-time, complex, satellite instrument data processing systems
- Experience in real-time, data driven, automated systems with large computer networks
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Fluency in English
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Instrument data and product processing (Level 0-2) of meteorological and/or earth observation products
- Experience of validating complex remote sensing data processing systems
- Experience with development and maintenance of operational procedures and/or configuration data
- Proficiency in programming with C/C++ and IDL
- Proficiency in scripting and knowledge of databases such as Perl, Python, Shell, Oracle
- Experience working in spacecraft and/or ground segment operations
- Knowledge and/or experience of quality control, calibration and validation
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.