Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA’s Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
We are seeking a Operation Engineer to join our multi-cultural team in Frascati, Italy. Your mission will be monitoring and controlling the data production and dissemination in Operational environment.
- Configuration, setup and integration of dissemination chain modules.
- Development of tools/scripts able to monitor and handle the data dissemination flow.
- Linux shell scripting, python programming for maintenance and operation activities.
- Perform EO processing activities.
- Support to testing and verification activities.
- Execution of regular maintenance activities.
- Realtime monitoring and control of the end-to-end dissemination chains.
- Execution of Transfer to Operations of service applications.
- Management of service incidents and anomalies.
- Update of Operational Procedures.
- Second level of Help desk technical support.
- Extraction of service statistics and generation Operational Reports.
- IT Service Infrastructure housekeeping.
- Linux O.S. and native shell scripting.
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge.
- Proactive problem solving attitude.
- Anomaly investigations.
- Technical documentation preparation.
Any experience in the following would be of great value:
- Basic Relational database knowledge.
- Java and python programming.
- Knowledge of Earth Observation data products.
- Object storage knowledge.
- Good communications skills in English (spoken, written) and possibly good knowledge of Italian.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Take full responsibility for the successful conclusion of the activities and success-oriented.
- Very good user liaison capability and team-player spirit.
- Sharp and curious mind.
- Availability to travel within Europe to attend meetings”.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.