Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Serco in Italy is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency and other institutions. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including : central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
On behalf of our team in Italy, we are currently searching for a skilled PDGS Subsystem Engineer to join us on-site at ESRIN in Frascati, Rome. This position offers full time, permanent employment and aims to support our ongoing activities.
- Support the review and/or preparation of technical documentation (e.g. PDGS validation plan, technical notes, test reports, etc.).
- Definition and execution of validation test campaigns, analysis of test results and reporting.
- Assessment of delivery packages (e.g. for completeness).
- Installation of SW applications into target environment.
- Preparation/alignment of representative environment (reference platforms) and test data sets.
- Generation and maintenance of operational procedures and work instructions.
- Support to problems investigation, anomalies tracking, etc.
- Support to PDGS monitoring and control (e.g. end-to-end production chain).
- Participation to PDGS internal meetings.
- Support to Transfer to Operations activities:
- Management of the sub-system baseline.
- Support to the PDGS integration and validation activities.
- Support to the PDGS operations during the commissioning phase.
- University degree in Computer Science, Earth observation or a technical field that provides similar competences.
- Experience in SW verification and validation activities.
- Experience in Ground Segment operations.
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat) and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge.
- Proactive problem solving attitude.
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats.
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms.
- Familiarity with ECSS standards.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
Joining Serco’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- International environment.
- Possible hybrid work.