Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).The position is in the Systems Department, Ground and Software Systems Division, in the Control and Data Centres (CDC) Team (comprises of 8 persons).The candidate will mainly report to CDC Team Lead.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
Please include your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) by your application.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate Staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
The relevant activity for this position is the development of mission control system for future unmanned and manned spacecrafts.
In this activity, and together with their colleagues, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing the system following the full software development cycle, including the production of high level documentation and while adhering the relevant standards.
- A Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in design and development of software implemented in Java
- Proven experience with software development lifecycle
- Fluency with relational database and SQL
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator:
- Good understanding of IP networks, firewall, VPM, PKI, routing
- Open Sources Server environment
- OpenLDAP, FTP, Samba.
The following skills will be considered as an asset:
- Experience with Python, Django framework, development of enterprise software, modern frontend programming (especially ES6, Angular, React, Redux)
- Experience in design and development of software implemented in C/C++
- Experience with realtime systems and communication protocols
- Competence with system deployment and orchestration tools: Docker, Ansible
- Knowledge of and experience with ECSS E-40 standard
- Experience with software models for spacecrafts simulation.