Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Spaceopal is the prime service operations contractor for the European Galileo Satellite Navigation System and manages all Galileo Service Operations. The awarded European Commission (EC) contract to Spaceopal is more than just its satellites in space. Galileo Service Operations will provide high-quality positioning, navigation and timing services to users across the whole world as a civil-controlled service with guaranteed continuity of coverage.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Application of appropriate operational security measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of operational data as handled by the Galileo Ground Segment at a given site (for the present position the site is GCC-D in Germany) according to the applicable security requirements and risk analysis.
- Review and approve design and implementation of specific security functions provided by Galileo Service Facilities.
- Review and approve specific security information provided by the developers of the Galileo Service Infrastructures.
This includes in particular:
- Provision of operational interfaces to Customer Security bodies for Cybersecurity Management activities. Coordination of all involved resources
- Definition and execution of Cyber Security processes and procedures to assure Vulnerability/Patch Management activities. It includes analysis of anomalies, evaluation of system change documentation, management of related information repositories and data exchange across the involved teams
- Provision of expert advice and reports in the analysis/impacts assessment of security events and in the management of security incidents
- Contribution to the definition of Security Monitoring procedures
- Organisation and execution of internal Awareness Programs focused on cyber security for the Galileo Operational community
- Support Penetration test and Vulnerability Assessment activities performed by internal teams or by independent bodies
- Definition, organisation and management of formal technical review processes to approve the implementation of specific security functions
- Participation to formal review processes and approval of information provided by the implementation of specific security functions. This information will be used during the operational phases
- Support to Galileo security accreditation processes as a consequence of the above activities
The Cyber Security Engineer will work as part of an integrated team of security specialists.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Telecommunications, Electronics, Informatics, Engineering or Physics) and/or appropriate high school degree
- At least 5+ years relevant work experience
The job requires in-depth knowledge of methodologies and supporting technologies involved in the cyber-protection of critical IT infrastructures, including for instance:
- System and Network administration
- Security hardening techniques (policies definition, policies implementation, assessment)
- Security Monitoring Systems
- Antivirus systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
The job requires also:
- Fluent written and spoken English; knowledge of German and/or Italian would be a plus
- Strong attitude to team work, also leveraging resources not directly dependent on him/her
An experience in similar activities is required, better if acquired in Space or Defence programs, or in highly security-sensitive commercial sectors (e.g. finance). Experience in the Galileo program will be a preferential factor.