Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Combines the role of the Mechanical Designer with the role of Mechanical AIT Operator for Satellite Integration within the Satellite Unit.
With over 37 years of experience in high technology together with its integrated skills in the areas of space technology and telematics, OHB Group is ideally positioned as one of the leading independent forces in the European space, aeronautics and telematics industry.
- Actively involved with the team in the definition of the Satellite integration approach.
- Responsible for the implementation of Satellite integration procedures.
- Collaborate with AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of structure of NAOS SM, EM and PFM model.
- Collaborate with the AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of the EM and flight units.
- Collaborate with the AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of flight harness.
- Installation of thermal and mechanical sensors: thermocouples, thermistors, heaters, accelerometers.
- Definition and implementation of MAIT processes and related documents.
- Handling of Satellite and related MGSE, including use of cherry picker.
- Mechanical support during the Satellite Environmental Test Campaign.
- Mechanical support during the Satellite Launch Campaign
- Has a good background in Mechanical Engineering and Satellite integration;
- Has worked for some years in the AIT area of Space Systems;
- Has a good hands-on knowledge of the system engineering processes for space projects;
- Has developed a system-oriented thinking and vision;
- Has a good hands-on knowledge of CAD tools, preferred NX or Catia.
- Has a good hands-on knowledge of Office Packet.
- Soft skills driving for the position are:
- ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- creative thinking ability applied to engineering and AIT(concepts and solutions) and in approaching problem solving during the programme development; capability to develop effective ideas;
- commitment to objectives, willingness to take responsibility through motivation, dedication, initiative, proactivity, autonomy;
- growth potential in terms of adaptability to changing environment and flexibility of mind.