Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
With over 37 years of experience in high technology together with its integrated skills in the areas of space technology and telematics, OHB Group is ideally positioned as one of the leading independent forces in the European space, aeronautics and telematics industry.
- Provide technical expertise to EGSE project procurement.
- Provide technical support to projects on specific issues related to the development and utilization of EGSE systems, including problem identification and solving,exchange and interfaces with external systems and provide support to project reviews.
- Write EGSE specifications with input from system engineer and Electrical Interface Document
- Create the EGSE test specification with input from the electrical AIT engineer and subsystem architect.
- Prepare EGSE design definition and design report
- Write and execute the validation procedures for the EGSE
- Provide basic user training on the EGSE
- Provide first line support for the spacecraft EGSE during all test phases (including environmental and launch campaigns), and support the NCR process as required
- Configure and maintain the EGSE system
- Support the Central Checkout System software, including patches installation, TMTC database files and provide first line support
- System administration of EGSE computers running Linux or Windows OS
- Design of test cables and test-aids and oversee build and validation
- Prepare EGSE maintenance plan and data back-up strategies
- Design, implement and test small modifications on delivered EGSE
- Support the maintenance and calibration arrangements for the departments General Purpose Lab Equipment (GPLE)
- Support process improvements
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of system and electronic test.
- Fault finding skills down to board and component level
- Network and computer administration in Windows and Linux environments
- Good documentation skills (procedures, reports etc.)
- Knowledge of ECSS standard in particular (ECSS-E70-41A, ECSS-E-ST-50-12C, ECSS-E-ST-50-13C, ECSS-EST-50-14C, ECSS-E-ST-50-51C, ECSS-E-ST-50-52C,ECSS-E-ST-50-53C.
- Knowledge of interfaces such as Mil-1553, Space Wire,CAN bus, RS232/422 etc.
- Knowledge of main Space ground protocol such as EDEN and C&C.
- Knowledge of S-Band communication system (e.g Cortexand communication protocol I/F)
- Knowledge of the Packet Telecommand Decoding and Telemetry packet encoding at Spacecraft level.
- Competence in the utilization of Central Checkout System.
- Skills in the TOPE/PLUTO test procedures programming
- Knowledge of SCOS2000 MIB database.
- Knowledge of ATE environments such as PCI, VXI, PXI
- Competence in the use of a variety of general purpose lab test equipment
- Design, manufacture and commissioning of test systems
- Further knowledge and experience in these specific areas are required as well:
- Real time software
- Object oriented design methods
- UML, XML
- Operational experience with SCOS 2000 and the SCOS 2000 MIB ICD
- Experience with the PUS and its tailoring
- The candidate shall have a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Space System Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics or related disciplines
- At least 4 years of experience implementing complex systems, developing and utilizing EGSE and modelling and monitoring control data.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset