Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
For our customer, DLR in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany, we are seeking for a Galileo Ground Segment L2 Maintenance Engineer.
The general activities are:
- Support to AIV campaigns for the Galileo Ground Control Segment
- Definition of test documentation (including maintenance of the documentation)
- Support to the preparation and execution of the Non-Regression / System Validation Test Campaigns
- Support OPS/L1 and L3 teams for problem management, system restoration, vulnerability management and handling of security incidents
- Provide inputs to Service Asset and Configuration Management activities, including maintaining the configuration via the provided tools
- Support all milestone reviews related to the L2/L3 maintenance handover
- Support the design of end-to-end integrated maintenance and troubleshooting environments for Galileo systems
- Provision of inputs to the release strategy for minor and major evolutions of the GCS infrastructure
This is a full-time position to be located at DLR’s premises in Germany with the planned start date ASAP.
In addition to having a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, you shall have following knowledge:
Essential skills are:
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in ground system AIV campaigns
- Experience in ground system operations
- Familiar with IT systems, like web-based applications and server hardware
- Knowledge of Galileo or other navigation ground segment would be a plus
- Willingness to strictly follow procedures and creative enough to find workarounds if they fail
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks over team boundaries
- Interested in new and exciting things, interested in constant learning
- Willing and able to travel for trainings and workshops
You shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work without supervision.
What can Terma offer:
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company:
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.