Field(s) of expertise
Quality-Product Assurance & CM Aerospace Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Product Assurance and Safety Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) supporting the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of theproject PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers/ Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Nonconformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials andprocesses and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports onguidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines.
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper nonconformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaign.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting andwhenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
- Supporting the Copernicus Space Segment Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance tasks for the Copernicus Programme and particular for the Copernicus Expansion missions (HPCMs).
- Supporting the pre-development activities for the HPCMs from PA point of view by ensuring the achievement of the required technological readiness, in cooperation with the engineering function
- Support the internal Copernicus coordination for the Materials & Processes tasks (MPCBs) to improve effectiveness of the review process with Industry.
- Producing reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participating in progress meetings when needed and reporting on project PA status.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Several years’ experience in the space sector, including 5 years inProduct and Quality Assurance
- Experience in supporting R&D and pre-development activities;
- Solid background in M&P quality would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.