Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a GNC Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) supporting the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
- Support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of GNC systems for interplanetary and exploration spacecraft as well as GNC for space transportation systems. This comprises GNC for interplanetary cruise, aero assistance, rendezvous and docking, formation flying, or drag-free systems as well as GNC for ascent and re-entry vehicles. The functional support provided to ESA projects (e.g. Exomars, Bepi Colombo, Proba3,ATV, Vega, IXV, …) includes:
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …)
- GNC design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR,Independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
- GNC SW implementation.
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support.
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP).
- Support to in-orbit analysis.
- Specific tasks address the multi-disciplinary/physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics modelling with implementation in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, DSpace).
- Must be familiar with classical as well as modern control and filtering techniques.
- Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for the stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite.
- Daily support and independent expert analyses shall be provided to the development of ongoing and future orbiters and space transportation systems.
- Specific GNC design tasks shall include detailed dynamics, environment, actuator, and sensor system modelling.
- Perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and SW validation analyses.
- Support to the conception of new highly autonomous systems, the development of real-time optimized guidance systems for launchers and re-entry systems and the corresponding verification and validation techniques, including advanced analysis tools to drastically improve the gaps and shortcomings of current validation approaches.
- Technical Reporting of the GNC Design and Analysis as well as contribute to the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews.
- Conception, initialization and supervision of corresponding enabling GNC technology R/D:Entry, Descent and Landing, Re-entry, Rendezvous and Docking, Formation Flying, Hybrid Navigation, Health Management including prototyping and tools development.
- Advanced Control and Estimation Techniques Research and Development.
- Development and utilization of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. navigation techniques prototyping and testing in open and closed loop).
- Maintenance, development, and set-up of GN&C simulation tools.
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 05/07/2020 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset