Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Radio Navigation Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site at ESA-ESTEC mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team.
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements, including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements.
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level.
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (e.g. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.).
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs.
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/ telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities.
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing is an asset.
- The specialist shall have several years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation, and testing systems.
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their nationalsecurity administration.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 13/07/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.