Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a RAMS Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of the Dependability and Safety Section. As well, she or he will support the Navigation Directorate and especially the Galileo System PA Unit.
- Review of Project Segments RAMS analyses (i.e. Ground Segments and Space Segment)
- Production of Project System RAMS analyses
- Support the collection of in-service data and their statistical processing
- Support the development of the System RAMS tool
- Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Navigation domain would be an asset.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 23rd August to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.