Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a Dependability and Safety Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) reporting to the Head of the Dependability and Safety Section, the contractor will support the Navigation Directorate and especially the Galileo System PA Unit.
- Review of Project Segments RAMS analyses (i.e., Ground Segments and Space Segment).
- Production of Project System RAMS analyses.
- Support the collection of in-service data and their statistical processing.
- Support the development of the System RAMS tool.
- Knowledge of the Navigation domain would be an asset.
- Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs.
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items.
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
- Master’s in engineering
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 16/02 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.