Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Ground Segment Engineer for Sapienza to work at European Global Navigation Satellite System Agency, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Ground segment evolutions;
- Review of the technical documentation for the ground segment level activities and ensure consistency with system level documentation;
- Interface with industrial and/or institutional player and service operator for aspects related to operability improvements to be injected in future industrial contract
- Participate to the ground segment evolutions development reviews and CCB relevant to the tasks under her/his responsibility;
- Participate to the segment evolutions development reviews and CCB relevant to the tasks under her/his responsibility;
- Review of the technical documentation generated by technical assistance (SETA) team for aspects related to segment;
- Support the qualification/acceptance reviews of new releases of the Ground Segment up to services roll-out;
- Analyse CR/CCN relevant to ground segment and support CCBs;
- Contribute to the analysis of anomalies raised by the service operator and participate to the relevant anomaly review boards (UNCLA and CLA) for aspects related to ground segment;
- Support the preparation of requirements, launch, and management of the procurements for the ground infrastructure;
- Support the assessment of the performance of the ground infrastructure industrial contractors, through the review of the relevant KPIs and deliverables, and propose actions and improvements to address issues and opportunities;
- Prepare and support the development and deployment of ground infrastructure related to additional EU space programme components
- Support requirements engineering performed at system level
- Support maintenance of system architecture diagrams managed at system level
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace, Engineering or a relevant.
- 4 years of experience working in satellite ground segment engineering with demonstrated experience in Galileo.
- Hold a valid EU Secret Security Clearance
- experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile application
- Knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers in addition to GNSS security and processing facilities would be a strong advantage;
- Fluent in English
Contact: Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
——— For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.