Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting an AOCS/GNC Engineer specialized in Sensors for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). The successful candidate will be supporting ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors This unit oversees gyroscopes, accelerometers, star trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras, 3D cameras or Lidars for GNC.
- Provide support to the development and procurement of sensors and actuators.
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the Hardware Development
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews
- Provide support an access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies can be independently characterised.
- A Master or PhD in Electronics Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy)
- A strong background in electronics (digital, analogue or both), and previous design experience.
- Familiar with reviewing schematics, worst case and part stress analyses.
- Good knowledge of the particularities of space electronics (protection of sensitive components, filtering of single events etc…).
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 1st of March to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.