Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of:
- satellite modem physical and link layer analysis, design, prototyping andtesting
- SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations.
- Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks
- Coordinate the section telecom lab activities.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital transmissions from the physical and MAX perpective
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols is required.
- Knowledge of the main satellite and terrestrial telecom standards is considered an asset as well as the experience with communication system HW prototyping and testing (e.g. FPGA, DSP, GPU, micro-processors).
- Broad technical expertise in telecommunication networks design with particular emphasis on physical and link layer, and good understanding of multiple access telecommunication protocols.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++) is required.
- A few years of work experience in the field of complex digital communications systems, sub-systems and networks is preferred.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 22/03/2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.