Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Information Technology
About this job
We are recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to work for Sapienza on our Customers Site (EUROCONTROL) in Maastricht.
The Senior NET Engineer/Contractor will be report to the Team Leader and responsible and accountable for providing support for the systems in the team’s portfolio. Senior NET Engineer will typically perform following key tasks:
- Identify malfunctioning hardware and/or software for the purpose of implementing necessary corrective actions, resolving technical problems and provide ongoing support to the end-users of the operational MADAP networks and non-operational OFFICE network
- Perform primary network system administration on network and IT Network Security equipment
- Assist in the design, development, configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems
- Conduct analyses and testing of network systems for the purpose of documenting findings and ensuring efficiency
- Create utilities for the purpose of automating repetitive and daily routines
- Implement new network operating systems and application software for the purpose of ensuring compliance with licensing, patches and updates according vendor and/or IT security guidelines
- Monitor LAN/WAN Infrastructure for the purpose of measuring performance and/or ensuring the secure and reliable operation of all MADAP networks and its Network Security Infrastructure.
- Drafting of TE2 documentation, e.g. Build state documents, Test documentation, Version documentation, Baseline Documentation in accordance with the Maastricht Management System
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the NET Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications) or equivalent.
- Cisco CCNP accredited.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in networking and IT security technology: practical experience in network troubleshooting is essential on network equipment together with experience in the field of hardware installation, system integration, testing and servicing activities.
- Practical Experience with following brands: CISCO, CHECKPOINT, FORTINET, optionally GIGAMON
- Detailed knowledge of data communication protocols (TCP/IP,DNS, HTTP/S, FTP…), Routing, Switching, proven by minimum 2 practical cases as an example.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service and experience designing/implementing QoS in an enterprise environment proven by minimum 1 practical cases as an example.
- Familiar with network management tools and SIEM. (e.g. Zenoss, CA Spectrum & Splunk)
- Familiar with design concepts in LAN/WAN design.
- Experience in a project environment, quality/security standards, configuration management & tools
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools Word, Excel, Visio.
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post candidates must have a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch/German would be an advantage.
- Practical experience in automation; in particular scripting (e.g. Python)
- Well-familiarized with wireless products
- Practical experience with Network management systems
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 6 April 2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.