Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a Mechanisms Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Mechanisms support to all ESA project directorates with respect to the implementation of space mechanism technologies in current and future missions, including configuration assessments and mission performance evaluation
- Establishment of Statement of Work and Preliminary Requirement Specifications for Mechanism Systems, Individual Mechanisms or Mechanism components dedicated to Technology and Research & Development.
- Perform and support in the role of Mechanism engineer, System Level Mission Definition studies and system conceptual design activities in support of the ESA long term/future mission plans.
- Identification of enabling mechanism and tribological technologies for future ESA
- Support investigations of mechanisms being out of performance, including malfunctions and contingency scenarios.
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Space Mechanisms ECSS Engineering Standards.
- Generation and set-up of appropriate space mechanisms analysis and simulation models using analysis tools based on technical documentation of space mechanisms. Back up and archiving of analysis models for later retrieval.
- Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Space mechanisms development would be an asset
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 23/06/2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here