Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a SAR Performance Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
You will work within the Copernicus Sentinel-1 Project team and will report to the Sentinel-1 Payload Manager. You will be in charge of monitoring the status of the SAR performance of the different Sentinel-1 spacecraft, in terms of prediction, assessment, analysis and computation.
The responsibilities include in particular:
- Supporting the industrial activities concerning the prediction, assessment, analysis and computation of the end-to-end SAR performance
- Supporting the flow-down of the end-to-end SAR performance requirements onto the Payload instrument and subsystems specification, and, in close cooperation with the Spacecraft team, the Spacecraft related subsystems specification
- Monitoring in close cooperation with the Payload team, the overall Payload instrument characterisation definition, and supporting the monitoring of the subsystem and component characterisation as required
- Monitoring the operation of the instrument simulator, ensuring that the performance is appropriate to fulfil the SAR instrument verification as required, and support any additional definition, development and verification
- Supporting the Payload team, in his/her area of expertise, on the definition of the Payload Assembly, Integration, Characterisation, Calibration and Verification approach
- Reviewing the project documentation as produced throughout the project lifetime in the area of instrument performance
- Master’s or equivalent in Radar or Electromagnetics Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of SAR theory and performance parameter definitions.
- Familiarity with SAR performance analysis tools and data processing techniques is desirable
- Practical experience in the field of Synthetic Aperture Radar Techniques and Performance computation
- Experience relevant to the task description
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than September 20, 2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.