Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Secretary/Administrative Assistant for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
The secretarial and administrative assistant will support to ESA Advanced Concepts and Studies Office, and the Hera mission project team (referred to as “teams” hereafter).
It includes the following general tasks common to all three teams:
- Day-to-day support to teams’ personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Provision of logistic support to the teams, in particular for arrivals of personnel (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) and for the organisation of on-site and off-site working.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the teams.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists and taking minutes of coordination meetings.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Support with QMS procedures.
- Support the organisation of the media-relations and act as day-to-day interface with the ESTEC Communications Office as needed.
In particular for the Advanced Concepts and Studies Office:
- Maintain a close working relationship with and among the team members located in ESA HQ and in ESA ESTEC.
- Assist new members especially during their first weeks in the teams and in ESA (high turn-over of temporary researchers of the Advanced Concepts Team).
- Support the recruitment process for RF, YGT and interns maintaining a close working relation with ESA HR.
- Support the administrative steps of EISI (ESA Initial Support to Innovation) type contracts selected via the Open Space Innovation Platform (OSIP, ideas.esa.int) in close coordination with ESA’s contracts services, including verification, validation and finalisation of EISI agreements, organisation of EISI agreement signature, and support to project controlling.
- Assisting researchers of the Advanced Concepts Team in exploring new technologies and techniques and in disseminating its scientific results.
- Photo and video documentation of events and their communication via the teams’ communication channels (website, twitter, youtube, diigo, wiki, social networks etc);
- Help to create media content to support the study and research result communication (images, short videos, etc.)
In particular for the Hera mission project team:
- Support to the Project Reviews Processes (logistics organization, send invitation, consolidation of inputs, minutes, etc.).
- Secondary Education and professional training in Administrative and/or Clerical support.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- For site specific functions knowledge of the local language is considered an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with basic scripting to automatise work flows is considered an asset. Demonstrated interest in experimeting with new IT tools is considered a valuable asset.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is considered an asset.
- Familiar with SharePoint and Eclipse systems.
In particular for the Advanced Concepts and Studies Office and it’s Advanced Concepts Team:
- Empathy for the specificities of academic environments (flat hierarchical structure, open free speech environments, frequent testing of new tools, methods and techniques, frequent but low-cost conference participations);
- Need to be familiar (user level) or quickly get familiar with new web technologies for the groups internal organisation (use of wikis, blogs, svn, git, etc.)
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than October 21, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.