Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Radio Navigation Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
The work includes:
- study, analyses and testing of navigation systems/segments/elements/technology, dissemination and navigation algorithms, including tools development;
- evaluation of Navigation/Positioning/Timing algorithm and techniques, user/system/segment performance assessment based on software simulators, laboratory and field measurements, and support to ESA projects in follow up of industrial procurements;
- study, design, analysis and testing of navigation/positioning/ranging/monitoring technology and receiver for space. Radio Navigation space applications performed at ESA include: scientific applications (atmospheric sounding, oceanic observation), formation flying, rendezvous and attitude determination.
- study, design, analysis and testing of navigation receivers/technology for terrestrial applications and local augmentation. Radio Navigation terrestrial applications performed at ESA are those related with high performance based on high accuracy (e.g. geodesy) and/or high integrity (e.g. civil aviation, maritime).
- study, design, analysis and testing of signal and signal processing techniques including tools/equipment development and procurement. It encompasses signal structure, modulations, data dissemination, techniques for error correction, synchronisation, multipath mitigation and estimation, interference mitigation, cancellation, encryption, authentication, etc.
- definition procurement design, testing, usage of Radio Navigation equipment in support to Radio Navigation experiments and test campaigns.
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA Projects and R&D activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
- Execution of internal R&D activities through design, prototyping, analysis and simulations.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of Navigation systems and equipment.
- Preparation of technical documents on above subjects.
- Support to related demonstrations inside and outside ESTEC.
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 31/03/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.