Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Thermal & Mechanical Testing Technician for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) supporting the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
*Please note the starting date might be slightly delayed due to COVID-19.
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small-scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL)
- The incumbent will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory
- Support the development and maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities
- Make regular progress reports
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and practical experience of thermal/mechanical testing of space equipment, associated measurement techniques, and vacuum technologies are important assets
- Strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 13th of May to email@example.com.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.