Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Radio Navigation Receiver Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) supporting the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
*Please note the starting date might be slightly delayed due to COVID-19.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, dead-reckoning motion sensors such as INS, vision-based INS, alternative PNT systems, use of signals from cellular network, etc.)
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience
- Participation to the activities supporting standardization and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and./or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies/user segments
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the activities
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Background and experience (including hands-on tests and field trials) inseveral of the following fields:
- GNSS and associated user technologies, non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies
- Advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, Kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 01st of June of 2020 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.