Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a VMWare Technician to work at NATO NCIA in Mons, Belgium.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Virtual environment set up and maintenance, in addition to traditional sysadmin duties
- Specific tasks involved in running a datacenter, such as installing hypervisor, configuring, provisioning and deploying VMs, managing pools and clusters, optimizing CPU content, memory issues, storage latency; hardware installation (rare)
- Ensure security and compliance, troubleshooting potential issues and effectively communicating and addressing any problems throughout development and day-to-day management of virtual infrastructure
- Creates and maintains documentation about virtual infrastructure Pays particular attention to operational side of storage and virtualization activities and monitoring of events
- Full lifecycle storage, backup, FC, FCoE and iSCSI network engineering: administration, support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting requirements as well as monitor and audit system utilization, and performance
- Modifications and changes on infrastructure/design/configuration by following proper Change Management processes
- Perform daily Storage, Backup Engineer activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging; participate/perform in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements
- Schedule, coordinate and lead planned downtimes; accurately update comments and status to tickets via ticketing system; participate in on-call activities; may need to work on scheduled maintenances, service-affecting activities and contingency work outside of regular business hours
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and four (4) years’ experience; or Major Certification (continuous education and training on VMware – VCP or higher) and five (5) years experience hands-on experience with VMware environments (ESXi hosts, VCenter, VSAN)
- Proven optimizing skills in terms of optimal usage, provisioning and operationalization of CPU, memory and storage within ESXi cluster managed by VCenter. Solid knowledge of ESXTOP is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience of minimum one of following: Data Domain, Avamar (formerly EMC), Dell-EMC Unity
- Hands-on experience on data replication and data protection technologies on Dell-EMC (Native Synchronous Block Replication, Native Asynchronous Block and File Replication, Dell EMC®RecoverPoint)
- Hands-on experience of SAN/NAS Network fundamentals (TCP-IP, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, WWN, WWNP, LIFS)
- Hands-on experience on fabric switches (Brocade and/or Cisco), Fiber Channel (FC) networking
- Hands-on experience on Windows Servers, Actıve Directory, DNS
- Able to document current design & configuration and to develop/maintain Standard Operation Procedures / Instructions and training guidance
- ITIL Service Operation knowledge
- Fluent English in both spoken and written
- Master Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and four (4) years’ experience
- Certification in one or more of the following Dell-EMC certifications: DCE-IE (Avamar), DCS-IE (Dell EMC Unity, Data Domain, XtremIO, Avamar), DCS-SA (Avamar), DCS-TA (XtremIO)
- VCP-DCV (or higher, VCAP i.e.) for version 5.5/6.0/6.5 (or higher).
- Looking for continuous training & development attitude.
- Experience in using backup tools e.g. Veeam, Comvault, Veritas Netbackup
- Experience on HP 3Par Storages
- Scripting (Python, Power-Shell, PowerCli.) for Storage Automation or collect data/event from storages
- BMC/ITSM Ticketing system
- ITIL certification
Desirable work type personality:
- Team player is mandatory, looking for solutions instead of debates
- Looking for progress instead of looking to be the one who is right
- Able to learn lessons from his mistakes and from mistakes made by others
- Critical thinking meaning disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence
- Proactive instead of waiting for tasks
- Looking for the greater good on long term instead of quick and easy wins on short term
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.