Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a First Line Security Event Analyst to work at NATO NCIA in Mons, Belgim.
As a First Line Security Event Analyst (FLSEA), the incumbent will perform initial analysis of logs and network traffic, determine alert severity and escalate when required. The analyst will collate information and present findings in a clear, structured format, providing remediation recommendations and first line response where applicable.
- Conduct research and assessments of security events within NATO Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)team
- Provide analysis of firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced events and present findings
- Appropriately leverage the comprehensive extended toolset (e.g. Log Collection, Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, VA, Network Devices etc.) for enhancing investigations
- Support the end-to-end Incident Handling process
- Propose optimisations and enhancements which help to both maintain and improve NATO’s Cyber Security posture
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- University degree in a technical subject with a focus on Information Technology (IT), obtained from nationally recognised/certified institution in addition to minimum of 1 year current experience in field of cybersecurity analysis. Lack of degree may be compensated by at least 3 years of relevant experience in field of cybersecurity analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of computer and communications security including knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Broad understanding of common network security threats and mitigation techniques
- Security Information and Event Management products (SIEM) – e.g. ArcSight, Splunk
- Analysis of Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) events – e.g. SourceFire, Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention
- Log analysis from variety of sources (e.g. Firewalls, Proxies, Routers, DNS and other security appliances)
- Network traffic capture analysis using Wireshark
- Logical approach to analysis and ability to perform structured security investigations using large, complex data sets
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Holding industry leading certification in area of cyber security such as GCIA, GNFA, GCIH
- Computer Incident Response Centre (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Proficiency in Intrusion/Incident Detection and Handling
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.