Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a SharePoint Migration Support to work at NATO NCIA in Geilenkirchen, Germany.
NAEW&C FORCE HQ is looking for expert who has in depth knowledge of migration of SharePoint farm from version SP2010 to SP2013 to SP2016 (reference to specific cases is necessary). Specialist shall augment already formulated and currently operating team. Migration effort must be completed to production environment before end of life of SharePoint 2010 currently announced for 14th of October 2020. Contractor is required initially for 4 months to support migration of production environment, finalize transition and document activity. Follow on support will be determined once migration is complete.
Specific tasks identified for role, and associated skill/knowledge requirements, are as follows:
- Perform migration of current SP2010 farm to SP2013 and then to SP2016
- Provide and implement expert solutions to eradicate customized objects
- Ensure resulting SP2016 farm can be seamlessly be migrated to SP2019
- Provide and implement expert solutions to standardize look-and feel of all sites
- Provide and share expert knowledge on SP2016 farm administration to team members
- Provide and implement expert solutions to issues discovered post go live of SP2016 farm
- Participating in analysis of causes and incidents of IT Service failures (including IT System trouble-shooting) and effecting appropriate action to correct problems
- Providing support needed to ensure continuous availability of all required software application functionalities.
Successful candidate will work on site at NAEWC & Force HQ in Geilenkirchen with guidance from Head of CIS Support Squadron or designated Section Chief
Deployment Requirements – incumbent is not planned to deploy to NAEW&C Force Forward or Deployed Operating Bases or Locations.
On Call Requirements – incumbent is not required to provide on-call support
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- SharePoint Administrator with high level of expertise in SharePoint Migration and Administration
- Able to support engineering and production infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of SharePoint farm administration with expert level skills on SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016
- Expert knowledge on SharePoint farm migration from SP2010 to SP 2013 to SP2016
- Expert knowledge on Microsoft PowerShell
- Expert knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and higher
- Expert knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server High Availability
- Profound knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2; Windows Server 2016, DNS management; Group policy management
- Intermediate expertise in core enterprise services (MS Exchange, MS Lync, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operation Manager, System Center Orchestrator, Microsoft Deployment toolset) installation, patching, administration, tuning, configuration, hardening/securing, troubleshooting
- Knowledge of networking protocols, ports & topologies (TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting)
- Thorough understanding of backup techniques (configuration, administration, troubleshooting)
- Familiar with processes related to Change/Configuration management
- Understanding of Remote Desktop Gateway Services; Remote App provisioning
Desirable Specific Experience:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate SQL Server
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert SharePoint
- Microsoft Technology Associate Developer
- Microsoft Technology Associate IT Infrastructure
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.