Sapienza is currently scaling many exciting NewSpace ventures across the globe. This particular opportunity based in the USA is one not to be missed. The company has up until recent times been in stealth mode, so you would be joining a company pre-revenue which in turns has it’s lucrative rewards such as a generous equity stake for anyone who joins pre launch.
The VP Sales will be responsible for developing our clients’ relationships with DOD customers of communication services. He/she will be responsible for identifying target markets and use cases, analyzing this market, creating and closing revenue opportunities, and developing relationships with prospective customers. You will be responsible for leading or organizing the responses to prospective customers and Government funding sources. This will also involve awareness and consideration of US allies and counterparts.
Will source, develop, and close a pipeline of business opportunities within the DOD, including Space Force, USAF, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, DARPA, Space Development Agency, and various Commands.
• Support and execute on efforts to bid on contracts ranging from crafting responses to BAAs, RFPs and RFIs to conceptualizing and writing targeted white papers.
• Provide leadership across the new business capture lifecycle from opportunity identification, qualification, and win strategy development through post submission phases of capture process.
• Must be able to work autonomously and in a team environment.
• Must be willing to travel 20% of the time to meet clients face-to-face.
• Identify and evaluate new use cases, and users, of the company’s goods and services, and provide leadership to develop customer awareness and a desire to incorporate our capabilities in future opportunities and procurements.
• Work with the product and technical leadership in development of the company products and services.
• Maintain intelligence on the market, current and future partners, competitors, and technology trends, and using that knowledge-base to help guide and evolve the company’s DOD strategy.
20+ years applicable work experience in the DOD.
• 5+ years of experience with the DOD’s needs for communications.
• 5+ years applicable work experience in Business Development role for the DOD.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance. An existing clearance is preferred.
• Experience with current DOD regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplemental (DFARS), and Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA).
• Understanding of DoD procurement and acquisition processes, including new innovation initiatives.
• Proven ability to write compelling proposals and win business with USG agencies.
• Strong existing working relationships w/ DOD leadership.
• Strong comms skills to represent firm in public forums, including trade shows, conferences, etc.
• Experience in leadership roles in the DOD.
• Have a demonstrated/verifiable track record of proven success in business development and winning within the DOD.
• Strong relationships with existing leadership in DOD organizations with responsibility for communications.
• Strong proposal writing experience.
• Experience and knowledge of technical hardware, software or services, wholesale network services, network equipment, and communications products and technologies.
• Relevant experience in early stage ventures.
• Experience with relevant comms technologies, products, business models, services, and DoD CONOPS.
• Marketing and communications experience.
• Mobile wireless industry experience.
• Satellite industry experience.