Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
We are recruiting an Industrial Policy Officer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site ESA-ESTEC, The Netherlands, to support the Head of Section for Industrial Policy and Economic Analysis. The post holder will be addressing current entry barriers at the Guyana Space Centre (CSG) for new industrial players with the main objective of improving industrial competition for the CSG’s contracts.
The work is done under a mandate from and in close coordination with the Directorate of Space Transportation.
- Support the development of customised dedicated national methodologies adapted to each Member State in order to encourage and to improve response from European industry and feed the competitive tender processes regularly undertaken by the CSG for the procurement of their activities
- Support regular dialogue with ESA Delegations (and, if necessary, with other national institutions identified together with the Delegations) to identify industrial competences and companies with potential relevance to the CSG activities, also considering that several domains of CSG contracts are not specific to the space sector
- Contact/dialogue with the identified industry
- In addition to the classical Industry informative sessions provided through “CSG Industry Day(s)” organised by CNES and ESA, set up and manage further dedicated information and workshop days in Europe for industries in close cooperation with the CSG and the concerned Delegations to:
- Exchange with industry on opportunities at CSG namely presenting the CSG and its facilities
- Describe the extraordinary maintenance and Core Launch Range Renewal (CLRR) expenditures and activities planned, their associated characteristics, required expertise and financial estimations
- Complement the information published on EMITS in the period 2020-2022 and beyond
These additional events may include Industry informative sessions with groups of ESA Delegations in a first phase
- Set up and manage a helpdesk to support industry (and in particular the new players) in responding to the CNES/ESA Invitation to Tenders
- Support networking between the potential new industrial players and the existing industrial ecosystem of suppliers in Guyana
- Master Degree (University) in an engineering, business and administration or a relevant field
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Proven ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment is expected
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is considered an advantage, although it is not mandatory
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- French language knowledge (reading and speaking) would be a valuable advantage
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 24/09/2020 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.