Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
tpgroup is a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach.
For Sapienza we are looking for a Finance Manger (formal title, Head of Finance) to provide financial leadership in the Mainland Europe region, ensuring financial reporting, accounting systems, processes and controls are compliant with all technical and regulatory requirements. The position will take an active role in enhancing reporting, strategic planning and analysis needed to continue the region’s growth and success.
The Head of Finance is a self-motivated, results oriented individual who possesses strong analytical skills and strives for continuous improvement. He/she will have proven managerial and people skills in developing, coaching and leading a financial team to reach its highest potential. He/she adheres to the Group’s culture and core principles by example and maintains good collaborative working relationships with everyone at all levels of management, outside advisors and stakeholders.
This is a hands on role, overseeing the deployment of all finance policies, procedures and practices to ensure accuracy in the finance and accounting systems as well as providing the regional management team and Group Head Office meaningful and insightful forecasting and planning information.
- Overseeing and coordinating all regional financial activities and personnel;
- Monthly and year-end close activities;
- Co-ordinate accurate and timely monthly financial reporting and analysis to regional management and Group Head Office in the United Kingdom;
- Delivering annual budgets and reforecasting in collaboration with the regional management team;
- Assist the Group Head Office finance function with the implementation of financial policies, procedures, controls, to manage financial risk and ensure business corporate governance;
- Serving as primary point of contact for the region to external auditors;
- Provide commercial support for the region. To include:
- Pricing proposals.
- Managing financial terms of contracts (milestone payment plans, charge out rates).
- Liaise with regional teams to provide contract financial status reports and manage financial performance.
- Production of financial information to support bids.
- Regional treasury management (to include cash-flow forecasting); and
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and tax regulations.
- Qualified accountant ACCA / CPA or equivalent financial qualification;
- Fluent in English language; Fluency in Dutch is preferred;
- Proficiency in accounting, reporting, analysis, cash management, budgeting and forecasting – with strong knowledge of Dutch requirements; Further experience in Europe (FR, DE) would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrable experience of improving processes, controls, efficiency and profitability;
- Prior experience of working within an International Group organization as well as a BV;
- Experience and strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Exceptional leadership skills with proven record of leading, mentoring, motivating, coaching and developing strong teams;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills;
- Ability to embrace and influence change to align with business needs; and
- Occasional travel within mainland Europe and to UK is expected.