Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a IT OPS Specialist to work at NCIA in The Hague, Netherlands
- Troubleshooting Involved in the development leading to the automated IT service operation.
- Take appropriate and effective action where possible to troubleshoot hardware and/or software related problems occurring in the fielded FAS baselines, and where necessary request assistance of counterparts in other NCIA branches or in sister support agencies for solving system related problems
- Organize/Administer user help requests. Requests must be logged, solved and forwarded to the 2nd level support. The elapsed time in order to handle the requests must be monitored and priorities must be recommended to the system manager as necessary
- Provide Technical Assistance. Replying to incoming requests for technical assistance from both NATO and National users on the site. The requests can cover software, data communications system and network configuration: licensing issues, and documentation
- System Administration, Operation and Maintenance for the FAS domain. This includes but not be limited to:
- configuring and maintaining the network of new and legacy servers,
- installing the FAS baselines and related components,
- managing system backups.
- Install and Configure operating system and application software on operational FAS computers
- Minimum 1 year of experience in following AIR C2 systems: ICC, NIRIS, JTS, FAST
- Hold a valid NATO Secret Security Clearance
- Hands on experience with administration and maintenance of Virtualisation technologies,
- Experience in testing of software applications.
- Oracle 11g Database administration
- Hands on experience with the configuration and system administration of UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Minimum 1 year experience in Solaris 11 OS.
- Data communications experience including TCPIIP.
- Fluency in English: 3322 (Listening, speaking, reading and writing). The work both oral and written in the post and in the Headquarter Skill, Knowledge & Experience: as a whole is conducted in English.
- Experience with NISP 3.6/4.0 or 4.1
- Experience in writing SHELL scripts for Solaris management purposes
- Basic experience in Tactical Data Links (TDLs) and their formats.
- Knowledge and experience with the configuration and administration of the HP-UX operating system
- Experience of systems support and maintenance in the NATO environment.
- Experience in installing and supporting NCIA FAS systems.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.